Samstag, 5. September 2026

Primitive belt inspired by Mesolthic finds

 

The other day I rode out to my favourite creek to do some dipping and crafting, and I got some... nooootions.  😉
You know, my beloved magic troll is really ace with everything textile. That is really inspiring,.but also a little intimidating, so I needed a bit of time to find the impulse to get started.  Also, I need to understand by doing, dunno, some of you might be able to relate. 😉
Unfortunately, no photos of the process, because it was raining cats and dogs, but I used two branches as a loom and a Naalbindning needle as a shuttle and came up with this here. It is made from yute twine, because cheap, but I definitely want to try home made cordage, too.  

I want to make a bone buckle or something like that for it but need to woodlark that first 😉. 

Why is that crappy thingy even worth mentioning? 

Well, because it is not about the belt, not even the craft.  

It is about connection. About resilience.  Sitting beside the creek in the pouring rain, being capable of crafting something as crucial as textiles from almost nothing, feels really empowering. 

In these days, few things are more important.  



Beliebte Posts