A roasting spit from mild steel I made for the upcoming hobbit day celebration@Ahlhauser Hammer. The handle is a leaf crank....
Was a bit on the clumsy side of dexterous when forging, but all in all, it was fun and refreshing to make.
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On request I am doing a personal evaluation of a very classic bushcraft combination. The famed Roselli hunter and carpenter´s knife. I pur...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
On Sunday the folks from the ironforge and myself decided it was some really fine weather to go for some mountainbike ride along som...
-
You all have read my post about the Knifemaker´s Fair in Solingen Klingenmuseum which...
-
On the first of August the weird Franks called me if I would join them at Altena reenactment fair, so I put on my attire and hitched the ...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
Bound by copper wire, Bound by iron locks, Bound by golden rivets, In a wooden casket, Wrought with the copper lock, Bound by an iron spell,...
