Now this is a sgian dhú for Jürgen I made quite fast and a bit sloppy. But hey, it was a gift, so don´t complain...;-) It is a real knife, no really it is;-)... the blade came out a bit of an unintentional recurve, but as is, it works well enough, another bastid. It´s made from 85mm x some 3,5 mm spring steel, selectively tempered and is nail, vise, anvil, antler and beer bottle ;-) (it opens beer bottles, so it´s a taactical knife;-)) tested.
As a buttcap I chose a piece of fossile shell I once found in an old stone quarry.
The ferrule is my trademark copper, and the spine has a fast filework. All in all, it took two-and-a-half hours to make. Still too long to earn money with, but I guess it´s all in the training, and I do not know exactly if I want to cut down on quality even more.
But it´s a nice challenge. I guess Jürgen likes it, for he did not beat me up;-) and instead offered me a beer...;-).
Those are the adventures of Mr. Fimbulmyrk, in bushcraft and blacksmithing, mountainbiking and hiking, reenactment, writing, singing, dancing, stargazing and having a piece of cake and a coffee. Pray have a seat and look around you, but be warned - the forest´s twilight is ferocious at times.
Beliebte Posts
-
On request I am doing a personal evaluation of a very classic bushcraft combination. The famed Roselli hunter and carpenter´s knife. I pur...
-
This is part of my not exactly tiny collection of German hunting knives, representatives of a very distinct and ancient style of knife. Y...
-
Bushprowler test by the maker himself is quite impressive. I test my knives myself and felt inspired by the footage... and it is a motiva...
-
I am not quite sure how to write this positively. I am currently feeling a bit burned out, not necessarily by smithing, but by the circum...
-
On Sunday the folks from the ironforge and myself decided it was some really fine weather to go for some mountainbike ride along som...
-
You all have read my post about the Knifemaker´s Fair in Solingen Klingenmuseum which...
-
On the first of August the weird Franks called me if I would join them at Altena reenactment fair, so I put on my attire and hitched the ...
-
At my recent visit to Solingen I also dropped by the Otter knives booth. Now they were very persuasive;-) and I got this beautiful tradit...
-
Some time ago I collected some oak galls because I was feeling inspired by medieval scribe culture. I had made the graphite pen holder and ...
-
Bound by copper wire, Bound by iron locks, Bound by golden rivets, In a wooden casket, Wrought with the copper lock, Bound by an iron spell,...